Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Seeking the Lord


Now this I don't know what to think of. It was a completely open assignment in my summer editing class. I actually had a bit of trouble with all this freedom and found it difficult to come up with something I found interesting. Ultimately I decided to shoot the Coney Island Mermaid Parade. Obviously it became something very different.

I do like it though. It was shot on a simple, Canon PowerShot camera. I played with the color setting a little. The only footage from the parade that remained were the signs about Sin and Hell. The rest is just a shot of my eye, altered in FCP7 so it slowly moves outward. The sound is a lo fi sermon I found from the 1950's. I cut up the sermon so that it sounded "remixed".

I really can't criticize this one too much because there is nothing to criticize. It is what it is and it is nothing. There was no underlying meaning to this video. I really just wanted to mess around with FCP7 and learn anchor points, color correction and sound editing (all of which were firsts on this project).

No comments:

Post a Comment